Friday, July 14, 2006

Maria is here and we're going to talk about our family

It's a very hot Friday afternoon and I have stopped at the Ramsey County library in Roseville. Maria and I decided to do some blogging this afternoon. Maria has already put a post up on her blog (www.aboutmaria.blogspot.com) and now it's Daddy's turn.

Maria thinks we should talk about our family. I think that's a wonderful idea, since I am lucky to have such a wonderful family. Let's start with Maria. Maria is six years old and is enjoying her summer quite a lot. She has been spending a lot of time at Park Program at Hazelnut Park in Arden Hills and has made new friends and had a chance to make even more art projects. Maria never stops making art projects, of course, but that's okay, as we seem to have a big enough house to hold all of these projects, at least for now.

Maria would like to talk about Ben now. Ben recently finished his baseball season and is finally getting a chance to relax a little after that. He's already thinking about basketball and has been practicing his jump shot and dribbling. This year, he'll need to try out for a team, and that will be a new experience for him.

Then there's Mommy. Maria thinks that Mommy has been spending a lot of time cooking this summer, and I suspect that Maria is correct. Maria also thinks you should know that Mommy loves me. I'm very glad about that and am a very lucky fellow to have her in my life.

Maria now suggests that we discuss me and my great fondness for cherries. Maria has noticed that I eat cherry yogurt for breakfast at least 4-5 times a week. She finds that interesting and she often wishes that I would eat strawberry banana instead, since she likes to help me eat that in the morning. Somehow, we work that out.

That's it for today - Maria suggests that I say goodbye. So, goodbye it is.

No comments: