Thursday, March 06, 2008

There's Something About Lori. . .


I know, I know, I know. Conservatives want to have the most conservative candidate possible, one who hits all our positions perfectly and makes the right decision 100% of the time. It would be a wonderful thing if we could get someone like that to run for every office.


There have been a lot of comments on this blog and at our friends at Boots On (which should be part of your regular blog reading rotation, 'kay?) about whether or not 50B nominee Lori Grivna is conservative enough. I've had a couple of posters in the last week who have cast a few aspersions about Lori and her upcoming campaign against Kate Knuth. I want to say something about that.


I met Lori for the first time last week and I have no hesitation about supporting her candidacy and I think that all voters in 50B should join me in supporting her. Lori has done a lot of thinking about what she wants to accomplish in this campaign and how she intends to defeat Knuth. While I understand the misgivings that some of the posters have shared, I don't think these misgivings have a lot of merit. A lot has changed since the fall of 2006 and Kate Knuth and her pals in the DFL caucus have been doing enormous damage. A lot of conservatives sat at home in 2006 and the result was the loss of this seat to a callow young woman who lacks even the most rudimentary understanding of economics. Our friends in 53A let Phil Krinkie twist in the wind and he was replaced by a DFL hack. If Lori Grivna and Phil Krinkie were in the legislature today, Pawlenty's veto would have stood. That's the reality we must face. Lori Grivna deserves support. I would hope that my readers understand that. If that isn't clear to everyone, I have work to do.


No comments: