Monday, September 08, 2008

Green Bay 24, Minnesota 19


Give the Vikings credit - they didn't get beat 34-0 this time. But as I suspected, my beloved Packers are still the better team overall. Aaron Rodgers did a good job against a good defense, and there is still room for improvement.


On the Purple side of the equation, I'm guessing that Tarvaris Jackson will get a lot of blame for the results, but I'm not sure he should. The thing that would worry me more is that the Vikings have some guys who are starting to show their age, especially on defense. It could go south on Pat Williams and Darren Sharper in a real hurry.


Meanwhile, both teams apparently need to start worrying about the Munsters of the Midway, who won convincingly on Sunday night against the Colts. On the bright side, we'll always have the Lions.

2 comments:

Gino said...

going out on a limb, but i'm getting the idea that our division will be highly competitve.

the vikings put up a good fight, although jackson put a lot of big balls in the air with no chance of most of them going anywhere.

Mr. D said...

Except for the Lions, Gino. The Curse of Bobby Layne appears to be alive and well, 50 years running. That's who the Pack plays next, so I'll know soon if I'm right about it. Your Bears will be a factor, I agree.