Monday, October 06, 2008

Comedy Gold

So the Obama campaign has decided to roll out John McCain’s membership in the Keating Five. Fair enough – it’s part of McCain’s record.

Simultaneously, he’s using former Senator John Glenn as a surrogate in Ohio. Uh, Senator Obama: I know you were pretty young when the Keating Five business was going on, but you would think that someone on your staff is old enough to remember that John Glenn was part of the Keating Five, too.

I’m glad that the Obama campaign has started taking victory laps already. Bill Ayers may not bring Obama down, but hubris and sloppiness could.

(H/T: Captain Ed)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mark,
There is a very good possibility that I am a little dense, so can you please explain to me how playing tit-for-tat with the McCain campaign over negative associations is evidence of Obama taking victory laps?

I don't mean this as a challenge. I am really incapable of drawing the connections.

Rich

Mr. D said...

I'm not talking about this incident per se, Rich. I'm talking about all the other noise I've been hearing from Obama surrogates.

And what I'm saying is this -- if Obama and his people starting thinking they have this in the bag, they'll start making mistakes. And there's still a month left. Putting John Glenn out there when you're going to be talking about the Keating Five is either stupid or sloppy. Or both.

If Obama is smart, he'll keep running scared until the ballots are actually counted. I read and see enough to sense that a lot of Obama's supporters are getting complacent. And it's just not over yet. My guess is that you understand that, Rich. Others, not so much.