Friday, October 03, 2008

Great Moments in Recent French Military History

I learned something last night during the debate. Like a lot of Americans, I had wrongly assumed that the French had lately been obstructionist at best in recent years and that about the only military power they had projected in recent years was in the suburbs of Paris.

Guess I was wrong. Joe Biden reminded me of something that apparently I never knew:

When we kicked -- along with France, we kicked Hezbollah out of Lebanon, I said and Barack said, "Move NATO forces in there. Fill the vacuum, because if you don't know -- if you don't, Hezbollah will control it."

Now what's happened? Hezbollah is a legitimate part of the government in the country immediately to the north of Israel.

The fact of the matter is, the policy of this administration has been an abject failure.

The French kicked Hezbollah out of Lebanon? Man, who knew? I'm guessing that Biden saw the news reports when he was visiting Katie's Restaurant in Wilmington.



1 comment:

Gino said...

the fact that hezbollah does control lebanon is concrete proof that france did indeed fight them there.