Wednesday, March 03, 2010

A Tonic for the Troops

If you aren't fond of tea, or you don't enjoy looking at the coffee grounds and realizing that the party turns out to be just another front for silly liberals, now comes this:

Tired of the Coffee Party and the Tea Party? We’re the newest game in town!

I woke up this morning and realized I didn’t want tea or coffee. I wanted hot cocoa! So I turned on my computer and in a few minutes founded a new political movement — The Cocoa Party!

Yes, it was that simple.

Then I got one of my friends at the newspaper where I used to work to violate all professional journalistic ethics by writing a puff-piece about me without revealing that I used to work there.

Thanks!

Also, thanks for not mentioning that I used to really really really like Kool-Aid.

As for me, someone send me a note when they start the Gin Party.

5 comments:

Night Writer said...

Coming next: the Pity Party.

Anonymous said...

This is all very pathetic and an attempt of others to downgrade the purpose of a movement.

Tea Party does not refer to sitting down and drinking tea. It refers to the Boston Tea Party, which I'm sure most if not all of Mr D's readers already know.

I'd suggest that someone remind people that their drink of choice is irreleveant. This is an attempt by someone to divide and diffuse a movement.

Mr. D said...

Well, yeah, anon. No doubt about that. Which is why we mock the mockers. Especially given what we now know about the "Coffee Party" and their aims.

Gino said...

i'm starting an Old Style Party.

i think its the perfect drink, and moniker, for a bunch of traditional, working class paleocons like myself.

CousinDan 54915 said...

My Uncle Bob (not related to Mr. D) used to tell me that Jesus drank Tangueray & Tonic before he walked on the water. Uncle Bob never misled me.