Sunday, June 13, 2010

Inner City Blues (Make Me Wanna Holler)

In the past few weeks, I've had the opportunity to reconnect with quite a few friends and relatives. Many of them have told me how things are going in their lives.

The issues several of them are facing are difficult. Potential layoffs at work. Health problems. Car repairs. Worries about school next year. Unemployment. Death of a loved one. Marvin Gaye sang it this way:

Oh, make me wanna holler
And throw up both my hands
Yea, it makes me wanna holler
And throw up both my hands

I'm trying to offer what I can, a hug, a sympathetic ear, an email or note to let you know that I am thinking about you. Everything feels inadequate since I can't solve everyone's problems.

Love to all who feel they are currently on an uphill journey.

No comments: