Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Out of commission

Have been sick the last few days, which is why blogging has been minimal. There's some bad crud going around the Twin Cities right now and I got it. A few very brief thoughts -- hope to resume normal blogging soon:
  • If his first State of the State address is any indication, Mark Dayton is in waaay over his head. Mitch Berg does a suitable fisking here.
  • If the Huffington Post is worth north of $300 million, I bet this feature is worth at least a greenback dollar. I guess the biggest surprise to me about the deal that Arianna Huffington made is this -- AOL is still in business? Wow, who knew. Meanwhile, the market doesn't think much of the deal, either.
  • Meanwhile, if you haven't had enough of football, here's a link to an article at CBS Sports that should be good for an argument or two -- writer Pete Prisco puts together an all-time power ranking for NFL teams. Let's just say Packers fans will like his conclusions more than fans of the Purple. I'd also say I thought he was being unfair to the Vikings, but maybe I'm just feeling magnanimous these days.

No comments: