Friday, April 15, 2011

Home Truth

A useful reminder from blogger Stacy McCain:

Contrary to all the class-warfare demagoguery pouring forth from Democrats and the media (but I repeat myself), conservatives do not oppose tax increases because we are beholden to the rich. Rather, the question is whether wealth does more good when it is invested in the private sector, to create jobs and economic growth, or surrendered to the federal government as taxes to support the metastatic growth of a pestiferous bureaucracy.
The related point is this:  the farther away the money is sent, the greater the difficulty of holding the politicians accountable. I may not always agree with the decisions that the mayor of my city makes, but I know him personally and he will listen to my concerns and act on them if I am sufficiently persuasive. As has been amply demonstrated, Barack Obama doesn't give a damn what I think.

There's a lot more at the link and it's worth your time.

No comments: