Sunday, December 30, 2012

Benster and D Pick Your Games -- Too Much to Do Edition

So, old dude -- did you notice that people were calling for me?

Well, you are a weekend tradition in the fall and winter. Kinda like yard work.

Oh, yeah. I'm a regular rake. I should explain why we're so late. I've been a man about town lately. I was on a whirlwind tour of the Alexander Ramsey House yesterday and then I went to the Timberwolves game with the family last night. Between all those activities and my usual Bensterosity, I'm a very busy man.

Sounds that way. But do you have time to pick a few games?

Sure. Because even if we only have a few minutes, I've got the HYYYYYPPPPPPE! Watch me work.

Bear Down Chicago da Bearz (-3) vs. Detroit Motor City Kitties. So, old dude, did you hear that Lions thug/commercial spokesman Ndamukong Suh is now doing adds for AT&T? You know why, Geritol Fan?

Tell me.

Because the Lions have been phoning it in for weeks now. And that might be good news for da Bearz, who need to win and get a lot of help to make the playoffs. Da Bearz did their part against the Arizona Cardinals last week, but the Lions would love to play spoiler. Lions 21, da Bearz 17.

I think the Bears are better than the Lions. I'm not sure it's enough to win the game, though. I want to see Gino have to root for the Packers, though, which is what all Bears fans must do if they win. Bears 24, Lions 20.

Glorious Green Bay Packers (-3.5) vs. Minnesota Vikings. Okay, here it is. If the Packers win, they knock the Vikings out of the playoffs and they get the number two seed. That's a lot of incentive, if you ask me. And since you're reading this genius-level post, I assume you meant to ask me. Now, here's what I think will happen. The Vikings are essentially playing for their lives and will take on the role we call the Desperate Team at Home. They do have Adrian Peterson, who is having a season for the ages, but they also have Samantha Steele's husband playing quarterback. If the Packers can slow Peterson down, then young Mr. Ponder will have to win the game for the Vikings. Tell me -- do you think that will happen? Packers 49, Vikings 42.

Wow, a shootout! I don't see that happening, but then again I didn't see the Packers putting up 55 on the Tennessee Titans last week. The last time the two teams met, the Packers did not have Clay Matthews on defense and Mike Neal was just getting started. Those two players have made a huge difference on defense and I think it will show up again today. Peterson will get some yards, but it's not going to be enough. Packers 31, Vikings 21.

That's all for now. We'll have the always-exciting Bowl Extravaganza picks up tomorrow. Ben out!

2 comments:

W.B. Picklesworth said...

The Packers decided to stick it to the Bears. Er, or something like that.

Dr Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.