Monday, March 11, 2013

Lightning Round - 031113

Daylight Savings Time may have started, but my brain isn't yet engaged. When in doubt, bring the lightning!

  • Does the usual "fire the fireman" approach that the White House is taking with the sequester trouble you? Patterico has a useful rant on the subject.
  • Gov. Dayton is apparently finding that it's not that easy to raise taxes, even when you have a legislature full of DFLers. But of course it's always time to have raises.
  • If you wonder why Mark Dayton is governor, here's a hint. As always, it's easiest to spend someone else's money.
  • The papal conclave begins tomorrow. I have no idea who will emerge, although I would hope the new Pope is (a) not part of the Vatican bureaucracy and (b) not European. But that's just me.
  • Also, I don't think there's much chance the next Pope will be from the United States.

No comments: