Friday, October 04, 2013

Benster and D Pick Your Games -- The Eagle Scout Attempts to Land Edition

Old dude, we don't have a lot of time tonight -- we're gonna be busy tomorrow. It's time for that Eagle Scout project!

Can I call in dead?

No -- you have work to do, too. Meanwhile, time's a wastin'. Watch me work!

Minnesota Golden Gophers (+19.5) vs. Meeshegan Wolverines. Last I checked, Michigan was the least impressive 4-0 team in the country, with stirring victories over Akron, UConn and Stevens Point Pacelli High School, I think. Anyway, it should tell you something when the Wolverines are favored by nearly 3 touchdowns against the Gophers, who played well until last week, when they got steamrolled by Iowa. It's possible to beat Michigan in Ann Arbor. But I doubt the Gophers can do that. Meeshegan 59, Gophers 0.

Feel the love, Jerry Kill. Feel the love. Michigan 34, Minnesota 17.

The Ohio State University Buckeyes (-7) vs. Northwestern Wildcats. Okay, so I was wrong about last week. Yes, Ohio State is very, very good, but this time they go on the road into what is the biggest game in the history of Northwestern, or at least in a long, long, long time. The last time the Wildcats were in the Rose Bowl, I had a rattle in my hand. If you're an Ohio State fan, be afraid. Oh, and one other thing -- what the heck is wrong with you, anyway? Northwestern 24, Ohio State 7.

Jared Abbrederis torched the Buckeyes last week. Northwestern has a couple of guys like Abbrederis. This will be a tough one for the Buckeyes. I think they survive, but barely. Ohio State 42, Northwestern 38.

Detroit Lions (+7) vs. Glorious Green Bay Packers. The Packers had a bye last week. Historically, playing Detroit is like having two byes, but not this year. The Lions looked pretty good in dispatching Gino's beloved Bears last week, but the Lions haven't won in the State of Wisconsin since about 1869 or something. That's a lot of history. And just a reminder: as Aaron Rodgers said last season, "outside the sky is falling; but inside we're just fine." Packers 49, Lions 35.

Actually, that score is plausible. I'd bet the over, too. Packers 38, Lions 31.

New Orleans Saints (pick) vs. Bear Down Chicago da Bearz. The Saints look to be back in form this year, scoring points like crazy. Da Bearz got 40 hung on them last week in Detroit. This is the end of the Bears success and be on the lookout for a coaching change. Yes, already. Mark it down, boys. Saints 70, da Bearz 21.

Uh, no. I could see the Saints winning this game -- sure I could. But they won't score 70. New Orleans 35, Chicago 27.

Sorry for the abbreviated version, but I gotta pour me some concrete tomorrow, so I'd better rest up. Ben out!

1 comment:

Gino said...

this is probably the best chance the Lions have at winning in Lambeau for years, but i still dont think it will happen.

as for the Bears... it will take a sturdy defense to stop the Saints, and they dont have one this year. :(