Friday, October 31, 2014

Benster and D Pick Your Games -- Assuming We Can Find Any Games to Pick Edition

These bye weeks mess me up, old dude. The Packers aren't playing and the Gophers aren't playing, either. How can I unleash the HYYYYYYYPPPPE! when no one is playing?

You know the Bears are on bye, too, right? And even the Lions.

I know, old dude! It's silly, really. But I must give the readers my great wisdom. So watch me work!

Beloved Wisconsin Badgers (OFF) vs. Rutgers Scarlet Knights. Vegas refuses to release a line because Rutgers quarterback Gary Nova may not play. The old dude suggested I offer a music video instead:

+

And now you know why I rarely listen to the Old Dude. Anyway, back to the game. Rutgers was considered a weak sister compared to the Terps. Joel Stave looks like he wants to take control and be the answer until the Golden Boy shows up. Stave does not have to win the game, and I think he will have a good day in Jersey. Wisconsin 31, Rutgers 18.

What, no love for Aldo Nova? Rutgers has shown some signs of being okay, but without their quarterback they are going to have a tough time of it. And the Badgers looked pretty good last week against Maryland. I think they'll have a nice trip to Jersey. Badgers 35, Rutgers 13.

Illinois College Blueboys (NL) vs. Knox College Prairie Fire. Seriously? Blueboys? What the heck is that? I looked it up and apparently a Blueboy is supposed to be a Civil War guy. And as it happens, the Blueboys are pretty good. Knox should give them a good shot and the boys can win this game. Then it is time to play Monmouth, the safe choice for Knox students. Seymour Hall 27, Safety School 18.

The Blueboys are actually very good -- they are near the top of the conference. Your Fire is going to have a rough day. IC 35, KC 14.

Washington Politically Incorrect Football Team (+2.5) vs. Minnesota Vikings. So the Politically Incorrect Football Team is coming back to town and everyone is denouncing them. Have you denounced them yet, Geritol Fan?

It's on my to-do list, I guess.

See to that, willya? Some people get offended over this team because of their name, which is weird. RG3 is going to  probably return, but the question is was the trade the Gridlocks made to get him worse than other bad trades, like the Ricky Williams trade. The Vikes had a good win and Zimmer has to feel better about things. I am starting to believe in the Vikings and maybe in a couple years the past will not hurt the state, and I sincerely hope so, because Vikings fans are loyal and deserve at least one ring. Maybe in their own building they might get a ring. Vikings 23, Skins 13

I'm really not sure what's going to happen in this one. The Redskins played very well last week and so did the Vikings, so perhaps this game will be okay. I think it comes down to whether the Vikings defense plays well. If RGIII plays, it complicates matters for the young guys on defense, because he can make things happen in the open field. I think he plays, but the Vikings pull it off. Vikings 31, Redskins 23.

Denver Broncos (-3) vs New England Belichicks. Wait, did you see this? The Patriots are a home dog? Man, that smells like a sucker bet to me. People buried the Sweaters after the debacle in Kansas City, but now Tom Brady might be back on his way to being the big game quarterback of my younger days. Peyton Manning has struggled against New England and as much fun as he is to watch, I like the past repeating itself. Minutemen 35, Broncos 17.

Belichick will have something special cooked up for Peyton Manning. That much is certain. The bigger question is what the Broncos will have for Tom Brady. I think the Bronco defense, which appears to be improved, will be the key in this game. If they can stop Brady, Denver wins without too much trouble. I think they don't, though. New England 34, Denver 27.

Sorry this was so skimpy, folks! Not much to pick, unless the old dude has another musical idea. No, wait -- you don't want that. Really, you don't. Ben out!


1 comment:

Gino said...

i'm sure the Bears will still find a way to post another L this week...