Monday, March 09, 2015

Image is everything

Matt Drudge has been playing an interesting game lately involving Martin O'Malley, who until recently was governor of Maryland. In between running his usual stuff, he's been putting up a lot of striking imagery of O'Malley:

He's a handsome rascal
That image appears today, in the following context:

Save us, Obi Wan O'Malley, you're our only hope
And in case you're not swayed by the old school black and white, here's some beefcake of O'Malley the rocker, which Drudge ran last week:

My next song is "I got yer gun show loophole right here, baby"
So he's Governor Ubermensch, apparently. My usual go-to O'Malley image is one that you see a lot on Hot Air:

Yeah, my friends call me Shemp. How did you know?
You can do amazing things with images these days. I took the following picture when I was out in California last year. This was on the I-210 freeway, around Glendale, CA:

Twilight on the 210
If you play with the image a little bit, it becomes a lot more apocalyptic:

Bad news in Cali
We can do more to manipulate images than ever before. And by the time the next election cycle is complete, you can bet that your eyes will deceive you a few times.

1 comment:

Gino said...

one of my little amusements the past 30 odd yrs has been witnessing how political campaigns (this applies to print journo biases as well) manipulate the imagery of their opposition (and themselves) to advance their cause.