Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Peace in our time

I haven't been able to confirm this independently, but I believe that the Iranian regime is celebrating its successful negotiation of a nuclear treaty with the United States by lobbing a few gay people off of rooftops in Tehran.

Okay that's a little snarky. Still, you have to wonder why anyone would believe that the Iranians a trustworthy. It seems to me that you would not ordinarily put much stock in the assurances of people who routinely chant "death to America" in their public demonstrations. I can only assume that my confusion on this issue stems from my usual lack of nuance in such matters.

Peace in our time, yet again.

Of course, what I think doesn't matter very much. What the Saudis and the Israelis thank will be considerably more important.

1 comment:

Bike Bubba said...

It's worth noting that the very premiss of the negotiations was that the Iranians couldn't be trusted--they'd sworn on a dozen Qurans that their nuclear program was peaceful. So to then build an agreement on trust......

....let's just say it would be very interesting to see what Mr. Obama's and Mr. Kerry's grades in "logic" class were, or whether they took one at all.