- Is the campaign about the direction of the country, or about monetizing campaign funds? Read and decide for yourself.
- Remember how we were told Barack Obama would improve foreign relations? How's that working out, Mr. President?
- The talk around town, and all over Minnesota, has been about the end of the Jacob Wetterling story, after 27 long years. The idea that a stranger would abduct and kill your child is one of the greatest fears any parent has. We've seen a big change in how kids live their lives since that fateful day in 1989; many parents aren't willing to risk letting their children run around unattended. When I was Jacob Wetterling's age, I could go anywhere in town and my parents never worried about it. Those days are gone. Danny Heinrich, the monster who took Jacob, took away a lot more than one child.
- Wisconsin 16, LSU 14. A very satisfying result. And just a guess -- we're going to be waiting a long time for another SEC team to come north.
- I don't know if Sam Bradford can save the season for the Vikings; I tend to doubt it, actually. Still, give the Vikings credit for taking a chance -- while their defense is young and talented, the window for Adrian Peterson is closing and they may not have another year to wait.
- I'm not crazy about the Packers releasing Josh Sitton. I'm even less crazy about him going to the Bears. Ted Thompson better be right.
Tuesday, September 06, 2016
Lightning Round - 090616
Seems appropriate, as lightning is flashing all around me as I write this stormy Tuesday morning. Let's start with some video.
She's the picture of health. No question about it. Anyway...