|You've got email|
|Headless Campaign in Topless Bar|
|I'm not sure that's going to be enough|
The larger issues aren't very funny at all. I have many thoughts about all this. A few:
- So why were so many emails stored on Anthony Weiner's phone, anyway? If anyone knows what Hillary Clinton is capable of, it has to be Huma Abedin, who is in the process of divorcing Weiner. Keeping the emails was Abedin's way to avoid the tires on Hillary's bus. Abedin's mistake was failing to understand her husband's lechery is boundless.
- Rhetorical question -- what the hell is wrong with a person who would marry Anthony Weiner and work for Hillary Clinton? That's a lot of evil to suss.
- Is there a smoking gun? Yeah, I bet there is. If there are tens of thousands of emails to go through, and they include correspondence between Clinton and Abedin, that's where the dirt is. And Team Clinton and the Democrats know it, which is why they are so furious with Comey.
- Comey is in a bind, to put it mildly. His body language throughout the last few months is a tell -- this is a man who knows he's in an impossible situation. He knows Clinton should have been indicted, but he also knew his bosses weren't going to do it, and he also knew he had to march into the bayonet, which he did. Comey has always had more reason to fear Team Clinton than a feckless Congress, but he also understands that, on his watch, the FBI has become corrupted. The overarching problem with the Clintons has been the same for the quarter-century they have strode the national stage -- they corrupt everything and everyone they touch.
- The linked article from CNN at at the top of this post is being regularly updatd; the top part of the story now details that Loretta Lynch, the
rubber stamp speed bump consigliereAttorney General, disagreed with Comey's decision to go forward with a public notification to Congress that the investigation is being reopened. That's a tell.
- It was also a tell that, in her public pronouncement yesterday, Clinton praised early voting.
- For his part, Donald Trump has been playing it smarter than he usually does. While I don't expect that to continue, this Trump tweet from 2015 seems prescient:
|The Naked Truth|
Fasten your seatbelts, everyone!