Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Persuasive

What could be more persuasive to a potential audience than this sort of presentation:


"This is my America!"


Whatever.

Seriously, though, who finds people like this woman persuasive? You can see how she turns to the camera, which suggests her anger is also performance art. Do you win hearts and minds by shrieking? It's a technique most people abandon once they get to kindergarten. On the bright side, the woman in the video has now been seen by millions of her fellow countrymen and a general consensus is forming: you may not be happy Trump will be president in a month, but you have to be pleased that this woman is highly unlikely to be attending your Christmas dinner.

3 comments:

W.B. Picklesworth said...

Actually, she inspired in me a desire to think more deeply about what is going on. And then I realized, "This is HER America and I am only living in it. It's best to defer to her judgment on this matter." I hope that we can reach a broad consensus on this matter.

Mr. D said...

And then I realized, "This is HER America and I am only living in it. It's best to defer to her judgment on this matter."

It would be easier that way, I imagine. And thank you for your example in how to get one’s mind right.

Gino said...

Somebody needs to explain that it's Trump's America now...