Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Qu'est-ce que c'est

Psycho Killer
Qu'est-ce que c'est
Antifa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-far better
Run run run run run run run away 


I can't seem to face up to the facts
I'm tense and nervous and I can't relax
Some in Berkeley worried that Sunday’s chaos, captured on video and quickly disseminated through social media, would provide unwanted ammunition to Trump and his supporters.

“We can’t keep producing this audio-visual propaganda,” said Andrew Noruk, a counter-protester who denounced the fights. “It is recruiting for the right.”
You start a conversation you can't even finish it
You're talking a lot, but you're not saying anything
When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed
Say something once, why say it again?
At one point, protesters in Berkeley chanted, “No Trump! No wall! No USA at all!”
We are vain and we are blind
I hate people when they're not polite
I thought for sure they were going to attack.
I was just waiting for it.
But I stayed calm even though I thought this may not end well for me.
Here's how the conversation went.
And as you're reading this keep in mind that they were yelling at me and their words were filled with venom, anger, hate and intolerance.
There's just no other way to describe it.
I was stunned.
Them:
Hey! No pictures or we'll take your phone!!!
(At that point I'd already taken these shots)
Me (In calm voice):
You're on public property and I can take a picture if I want to.
Them:
Oh so you're a big man with a camera?
Me:
No I just wanted to take a picture and talk with you.
Them (rushing toward me):
We outnumber you and we will take your camera!
Me:
You're not going to take my camera and you're not going to tell me what to do.
Why can't we just have a respectful conversation.
(I then touched one of them on her hand to say it's okay I just want to talk)
Them:
Don't touch me!!
Me:
I'm not trying to do anything.
I just want to try to understand and have a respectful conversation.
Them:
We'll block your shot!!!
Me:
That's fine.
All I wanted to do was have a conversation.
Them:
Now is not the time.
(In fairness he was the one person who was respectful)
Then as I started to walk away a woman started screaming at me saying:
We're not interested in talking to you!!
We're not interested in talking to you!!
I walked away stunned.
I grew up in Berkeley.
I marched in anti-war protests during the sixties.
Its one thing to read about HATE
It's another thing to be right next to it.
In my opinion, these people dressed in black are just as hateful and intolerant as the people they are protesting against.

11 comments:

W.B. Picklesworth said...

But it was soon punctuated by tear gas and a scattering of violent skirmishes. Some anti-fascist protesters, wearing black and with their faces covered, chased or beat Trump supporters and organizers who had scheduled and then canceled the “anti-Marxist” rally, citing concerns over safety.

At this point I give the press no credit for writing about the obvious. Clearly they must figure that it's in their own interest. It certainly isn't in the interest of telling the truth. Did you notice the tell in the paragraph above (the 2nd in the article)?

W.B. Picklesworth said...

And I wouldn't call them "as hateful" as the people they are protesting. Given their actions, they are clearly more so.

Mr. D said...

Did you notice the tell in the paragraph above (the 2nd in the article)?

Doing public relations for hate is a tough gig.

Bike Bubba said...

I hope it is not too sadistic on my part, but I'm waiting for when antifa fascists try and pull these stunts in Texas or Florida and they learn the hard way about "no duty to retreat" and "imminent threat of death or grievous bodily harm."

Gino said...

bubba: right now they are getting a free ride, but they wont like it when the toll collectors come around, and that might happen very soon.

3john2 said...

Part of their end game may very well be provoking a Stand Your Ground incident in the South. With the media machine on it's side they may finally have the "incident" they need to go after the 2A like an undead dragon on a wall of ice. Sure, it will cost some deluded kid some blood, but not the real organizers. They will be sure to name a government indoctrination center after their duped martyr, though.

Bike Bubba said...

The media may be on their side, but it's going to be hard to get around the fact that the provocation is likely to be filmed, no? I can as much view it as a cause celebre as I can see it going rather viral among conservatives.

Mr. D said...

Part of their end game may very well be provoking a Stand Your Ground incident in the South. With the media machine on it's side they may finally have the "incident" they need to go after the 2A like an undead dragon on a wall of ice. Sure, it will cost some deluded kid some blood, but not the real organizers. They will be sure to name a government indoctrination center after their duped martyr, though.

Give that man a cigar.

W.B. Picklesworth said...

I was referring to the curious use of quotation marks. The black-clothed thugs were anti-fascists, clearly no need to doubt their intentions. The right-wingers were "anti-Marxist." Journalists can read their minds, though, and see sheets.

Mr. D said...

The right-wingers were "anti-Marxist." Journalists can read their minds, though, and see sheets.

They're very skilled that way. Sigh.

3john2 said...

It may take a band-saw to carve off some facts, and a big rubber mallet to pound down the inconsistencies, but if you work hard enough you can make just about anything fit the narrative.