Monday, February 19, 2018

Pictures

Emotion is the only thing that seems to matter in politics these days, at least on social media. Any attempt to bring a bit of rational thinking results in so much blowback that's it almost never worth the bother. I post song lyrics and black and white photography on FB, and that's about it these days. Once in a while one of my friends might post something on FB that I wrote here, but the people who see those posts do not overlap with my college friends, who are almost entirely on the port side.

I have thought more than once that I should stop writing about politics and repurpose this blog for other things. I probably won't do it, but when stupidity is in full flower in our politics, it seems like a mug's game to keep talking about it.

Here is the photo I posted this morning, taken Saturday afternoon from the Lowry Avenue bridge in Minneapolis, looking north:

Almost frozen over
You might see more of this sort of thing in the future.

4 comments:

John said...

Emotional outrage is so much easier than considered thought as long as it matches the desired narrative. It fits better into sound bites and makes better theater for the visual medium. Why discuss the merits or flaws of a proposal when you can have outraged teenagers (with all their life experiences) telling the world what we should do.

p.s. that is a nice picture, and could well have been taken here in my home state, although we would have to substitute sugar white sand for the snow and ice.

jerrye92002 said...

I have a low tolerance for stupidity myself, which is why the occasional burst of pure reason is so refreshing. Keep it up; it just gets the "port side" knickers in a bunch and such a "rhetorical wedgie" is highly amusing.

3john2 said...

You'd be letting the SM terrorists win.

Gino said...

You could always write about sports, or a movie you saw... Maybe music?