Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Narrative and Obsession

I don't want to write about the largely manufactured crisis on the border. The issue is real enough, but the current hysteria is manufactured. While there are alternatives to the MSM available, and many people avail themselves of what's available, the MSM still controls the narrative, so that's what people are talking about this week, instead of FBI corruption, or the World Cup, or something else.

You might remember this cheeseball song from 1984:


I feed you I drink you 
My day and my night 
I need you I need you 
By sun or candlelight 
You protest 
You want to leave 
Stay 
Oh, there's no alternative

We're living under a lot of obsessions these days. And for a lot of us, we don't see it. More than anything else, that's what I find frightening about this moment in time.

3 comments:

W.B. Picklesworth said...

It seems like the Left is willing to drive us to violence in order to defend their prerogatives. This could possibly work. Or maybe they are severely damaging themselves.

Gino said...

World Cup? What's that?

Mr. D said...

World Cup? What's that?

No idea.