Friday, August 03, 2018

She seems nice

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

For what it's worth, I don't watch Battlestar Galactica either
That's some of the collected wisdom and deep thoughts of Sarah Jeong, freshly minted member of the New York Times editorial board. Let's cut to the chase, shall we?

  • I don't have any say over who joins the editorial board of the Gray Lady.
  • If this is the sort of person the Times thinks ought to help guide their efforts, that's their business.
  • I do think they ought to own the decision, though.
  • Apologies in advance for being just another dog pissing on a fire hydrant, but my opinion about the Times in general and Ms. Jeong in particular? To hell with them.

3 comments:

3john2 said...

She wasn't hired despite the tweets, but because of them. I'm sure they were in her portfolio.

Gino said...

is the NYT still a thing?

W.B. Picklesworth said...

I think it's a mistake. People in my family really don't want to believe that the media industry is hopelessly corrupted by Leftism. They want to believe that the old institutions are solid. Most of them would vote against Trump because of his tone. They are willing to be blinded by smooth talking NPR hosts. This particular incident might not break through, but it's indicative of a Left that doesn't want to hide its ugliness anymore. There are votes to be lost here. Lots of votes.