Friday, September 28, 2018

Benster and D Pick Your Games -- No College Games Edition

Old dude, I wonder how angry Mike Zimmer is right now?

I bet the ol' nostrils are flaring a bit.

No, that's Mom. I was watching the game with her last night and she was not pleased with the defensive effort.

That's right. Let's go to the highlights:


Some say that Jared Goff is still throwing touchdowns.

And on the one to Cooper Kupp, it looked like Anthony Barr was trying to hail a cab.

Of course, we Packers fans shouldn't be too full of ourselves, because we haven't looked much better:


If you look closely enough in that video, Clay Matthews gets called for roughing the passer, even though wasn't even born when this was filmed.

He totally had it coming, though.

Yes. Yes he did. Anyway, with both the Badgers and the Gophers on bye, and Knox might as well be on bye with the quality of their recent performances, we'll move on to two NFL games. Gino, this one's for you. Watch me work!

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (+3) vs. Bear Down Chicago Da Bearz. Some dude in SoCal tells us da Bearz are in first place. I checked the paper, and he is right. I'm stunned, actually. It's clear that the Khalil Mack trade has worked out for da Bearz. We don't know who the Bucs are going to start, but I would prefer they send FitzMagic out there, since he's more experienced and less likely to steal seafood from a Publix or grope an Uber driver. He should consider alternative transportation; maybe he can hail a cab with Anthony Barr! Anyway, da Bearz will go as far as Mitchell Trubisky will take them. Da Bearz 42, Bucs 17.

The Bears will go as far as Mitchell Trubisky can take them? I hear the Metra goes out to Elgin. The Bucs have been a high-scoring outfit, but they have been playing mostly sieve-like defenses thus far. The Bears will give them a test. Hey Gino -- we're both picking your Bears! Bears 27, Bucs 17.

Buffalo Bills (+8.5) vs. Glorious Green Bay Packers. I'm not going to mince words; the Packers execution was a joke last week. That was one of the worst Packers performances I've seen in over a decade of following the team. To make matters worse, everyone thought the Bills were going to be a speed bump for the Vikings last week. But then we found out that Josh Allen is in the Matrix:


And look, old dude! It's Anthony Barr trying to get a Lyft! I think the Packers can win this game, but they need to step up and actually be prepared. As an Eagle Scout, I'm an expert on the subject of being prepared. Packers 17, Bills 13.

I don't think Anthony Barr is going to be sending you a Hickory Farms gift basket for the holidays, Seabiscuit. But after last week's hambone performance in Washington, the Packers need to get better in a hurry. I think they get the Bills blocked more effectively than the Vikings did and that should be enough. Packers 31, Bills 24.

I won't take any more shots at Anthony Barr. And see, Gino? We do love you! Ben out!


2 comments:

Gino said...

seriously, no way in Hell the Bears outscore the Bucs, unless they get 5 pick-sixes... not likely, but possible with this DEF... that lost a 20pt lead to a one-legged Rodgers.
Trubisky... Oh my!... I got three WRs open... i better throw the ball away... or check down to a RB behind the LOS.

Bike Bubba said...

How bout dem Bears? Trubisky has learned to find some receivers.