Friday, October 26, 2018

Benster Picks Your Games------Emergency Gopher Edition

I gotta fly solo because D is out on assignment at this point of the day. Don't worry, he will be back tomorrow. The Big Ten office moved this Gopher game against Indiana to tonight for reasons unknown to man. I'm a traditional guy when it comes to college football, and like games on Saturday unless it is the first week of the season or Thanksgiving weekend. Watch me work.


Indiana Wants Me, Lord I Can't Go Back There (-2) vs. Minnesota Golden Elite Rowers of the Boat. First of all, I owe you guys the video:

Don't worry about R. Dean, because the game is outside the state lines of Indiana. In fact, he had a much better trip to Indiana compared to A School in Columbus last week. The Gophers got waxed pretty good in Lincoln last week, and it is anyone's guess at who will be playing quarterback tonight. Indiana is a team that would be better served in the West, but is a solid team most years and seem to be getting their type of kids. I don't think P.J. Fleck is worth the price of admission for the Gophers, because he focuses too much on the cutesy metaphors instead of doing his job and coaching his kids. Fleck is a product of our society where having a big personality can substitute for results, and at some point the Gophers have to ask themselves is it worth being known for playing good football or selling stupid shirts with rowing metaphors on them. Hoosiers 30, Row Row Row Your Boat Elitely 0.

D and I will be back with more football discussion, and I can promise you that I have some more hot takes. Ben out!

No comments: