Thursday, October 25, 2018

Trump goes to Mosinee

Image result for mosinee paper mill
You can tell by the smell it isn't going well
I don't have a lot to say about Trump going to Mosinee -- to a large extent, a Trump rally is the same no matter where it is -- but I do find it amusing. I grew up in a town with a lot of paper mills. They can be foul-smelling places. Mosinee is about 90 miles northwest of my home town and it has the reputation of being the town with the nastiest smelling paper mill of them all. I pass through there on my way home and it can be just awful. For his sake, I hope the wind was strong and out of the west yesterday.

3 comments:

Gino said...

i love Trump rallies. he knows how to command an audience in a way that puts Obama to shame. a mix of policy and stand up, his audience gets it. if he ever comes my way, i will move heaven and earth to be there.

Bike Bubba said...

I'd bet some people from Mosinee would gladly point out that the smell of the paper mill is the smell of paychecks. I remember meeting a lady in Compton CA who had previously lived in Greeley, CO, and when I mentioned the nasty smell of the stockyards, she smiled and said "that's the smell of money, friend."

Glad to have a President who can go to such places cheerfully.

3john2 said...

Glad to have a President who can go to such places cheerfully.

His greatest joy is that the media have to follow him there.