Tuesday, November 20, 2018

You keep using that word

Dan Crenshaw makes a suggestion (h/t Brad):
Congressman-elect Dan Crenshaw pushed back Sunday morning in a CBS News roundtable on the idea that President Trump is undermining democracy and attacking the free press.

Rep.-elect Chrissy Houlahan (D-Penn.), one of three Democrats facing off with Crenshaw, argued on "Face the Nation" that Trump is "literally" attacking the press with his inflammatory rhetoric.

“I would argue that our president is consistently disruptive…and I would argue that he treats [the press] with disrespect,” she said.

Crenshaw (R-Texas), a former Navy SEAL who lost his right eye in a 2012 IED attack, quickly refuted Houlahan's remark.

"I've literally been attacked. Let's chose our words carefully," Crenshaw replied.
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means. I also assume, eventually that Crenshaw's sensible observation will be dismissed as "mansplaining." One thing I would gently suggest to my better, Cong.-elect Houlahan; consistent disruption and disrespect is in order, especially where the press is concerned. The scribes always demand a place of honor and they usually have some Pharisee pals to help them get it. Houlahan is a Pharisee, you see. The scribes and the Pharisees always work together and the Beltway is full of 'em. And it's full of other things, too. 


1 comment:

Gino said...

I like this Crenshaw guy. He'll be going places.