Monday, April 24, 2006

The job search blues

I am now in week four of my job search. I’ve had an interview or two, a number of “we’re still reviewing candidates” conversations and, other than a few positive conversations with people on my side, not a whole heck of a lot of traction. There is a certain sense of déjà vu to all this; back in 2003, when I “left” Target, I felt the same sorts of feelings that I’m having now. You can expend a lot of effort and energy in a job search and still not make a lot of progress. That’s what this first month has seemed like. While I suspect that things will start to break favorably soon, it gets frustrating. But you have no choice but to stay with it. I have portable, transferable skills and someone needs me. They may not know it yet. But they will, soon enough.

No comments: