Thursday, March 05, 2009

Guilty Pleasures Part Thirty-Eight -- Fearless Maria Is In The House


Maria and I are here and we think that writing about politics is boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (As followers of Maria know, she really likes her exclamation points.) But Maria and I, father/daughter team that we are, agree on one thing. We like music!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Maria is commandeering my blog tonight and she will pick some tunes for you. Maria is in the house. Here she comes -- better be ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Hello everybody! Maria is back! We're gonna pump up the party! Here are some random picks that I want to hear. And I want to hear from you! So you'd better vote, okay?


First off, I'm gonna kick it old school. Really old school. So old that my dad was a baby when this was on the radio! Even though he was a baby, he was workin' like a dog.




Next, you have to remember something about Maria. I am all about rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I will rock you!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just like these guys do.




This may seem weird, but my next song is:




Next, I think it's time that some people give me a little:




Especially my brother. He really needs to get with the program, don't you think? And now, for the grand finale. I'm taking guitar lessons right now and someday, and it's going to be soon, I'll be able to play like this guy:




Except I'll be singing about boys instead. But only if they are worth my time. These days, when I'm 9, the boys aren't really worth my time that much anyway.


Take your pick and vote, or else my Webkinz will be very mad at you! Like the guy whose picture is on the post, Jimmy the Webkinz Chicken, who sues people if he hears that they've been eating chicken. He's gonna blow!


Trust me on this one, folks. Maria's chicken is pretty fierce. So you'd better vote.




4 comments:

W.B. Picklesworth said...

Hmm, I just had a computer glitch in posting so I wonder if maybe I was casting my vote for the wrong song? Are there Union goons on the way to fit me for shoes?

I'll stand firm though, and re-cast my vote for Aretha Franklin. Sock it to me!

Gino said...

'we will rock you' always rocks the house for me.

Benster said...

I'm voting Aretha, even though it was in black and white, like a certain person's judgment.

Anonymous said...

I gotta go with Slowhand on this one for my bell-bottom blues, but before you accuse me of shooting the sheriff I'll be knocking on heaven's door, asking for Layla.