Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Just a reminder

The current President of the United States, Barack Obama, was born in Hawaii.

The "long form" birth certificate may (emphasis on may) hold information that Obama would prefer not to have known, but there's no reason to believe he wasn't born in Hawaii.

His mother was an American citizen. That means he would be eligible to be president, even if he hadn't been born in the United States. Which he was.

Even if there was a massive conspiracy concocted to fake all evidence concerning the origins of the president's birth, there would be no mechanism to remove him from office. Of course there is no conspiracy afoot.

There are myriad reasons to oppose this president, all based upon public policy considerations. There will be ample opportunities to air these considerations in the next 19 months. I fully expect that this feature will participate in those discussions.

Finally, I don't care what Donald Trump thinks. Neither should you. Just some friendly advice.

3 comments:

First Ringer said...

Amen to that, D.

If I wanted to tighten the tinfoil around my scalp, I'd swear Trump is a political sleeper agent designed to link the birthers with the GOP.

Night Writer said...

I'm pretty sure Donald Trump was born in the U.S; I'm not so certain about his hair.

Chuckwagon Boy said...

Amen, Marcus!