Friday, August 12, 2011

Radio Dilettante

I would imagine that many readers of this feature are familiar with the fine work of the Northern Alliance Radio Network, which broadcasts each Saturday afternoon in the Twin Cities on AM 1280 The Patriot. My good friend Brad Carlson hosts a regular show, "The Closer," each Saturday on the station, from 3-4 p.m. For me, it's appointment radio.

Brad is an excellent host and has managed to build up a lot of goodwill and a good audience with his broadcasts. He's now decided to put that goodwill to the test, because he's asked me to be a guest on his show tomorrow afternoon.

We're going to spend most of the show discussing the upcoming NFL season, especially the prospects of the teams in the NFC North, although we'll certainly touch a little bit on politics as well. I do have a certain amount of radio experience from my days as a college d.j. on WBCR (Commercial Free 90.3, your Stateline Alternative) back in the 1980s, but the crucial difference is that people actually listen to The Patriot, so this will be a little different.

I'm going to do my level best to be coherent. I assume that Brad's producer will kill my microphone if I fall short of that modest goal. Either way, it should be a lot of fun.

Tune us in at 3 on Saturday. As Brad would say:

You can listen live in the Twin Cities at AM 1280 on your radio dial. In and out of the Minneapolis-St Paul area, you can listen to the program on the internet by clicking this link.

6 comments:

Gino said...

i'd sit up front and heckle if i could.

Mr. D said...

And we'd deserve it.

Chuckwagon Boy said...

That is awesome, Marcus! I know you will do a great job! Can I listen to it online after the broadcast?

Mr. D said...

I don't know if they podcast it, CB, but the link will work. It's going to be on at 1 p.m. your time.

Gino said...

a 'shout out' would have been nice.

good work, mr D. maybe brad will have you back.

Brad Carlson said...

a 'shout out' would have been nice.

To be fair, Benster didn't even get one. Mr. D. lamented that fact after the show.