Thursday, March 29, 2012

Welcome to the Boomtown

It's happening again in Clintonville:


Clintonville police say they received about 65 calls Tuesday night, from people reporting three or four loud booms. Officials say the calls came in from 10:35 until 11:40 p.m.

Authorities say the reports came from the same part of the city that has been experiencing the booms for more than a week, but there were also some reports farther west, including Clinton Avenue. Several callers told police that these booms were stronger than those from last week, but no damage has been reported.

Clintonville is a pleasant little town about 40 miles north of where I grew up. There are dozens of other towns like it in Wisconsin, except they don't have seismology issues. You have to wonder what's causing all this, but I know this much -- it gives me the flimsy pretext I need to post a video:


No actual residents of Clintonville were harmed in this presentation.



1 comment:

CousinDan 54915 said...

I even got out my Boomtown Rats album in their honor.