Thursday, December 14, 2006

Happy Birthday Mr. Dilettante

This blog is now one year old. Funny how quickly a year slips by. According to my records, this post is the 293rd time I've shared my limited wisdom with cyberspace. So, a few quick thoughts and predictions for Mr. Dilettante, Year Deux.

  • I continue to say that I'm going to write less about politics, even as I continue to wade into the cesspool. The good news is that 2007 is an "off year," so there may be less to say. I hope so. But don't count on it.
  • I hope to write more about music in 2007. I don't have a lot to say about the current music scene, since I don't have the patience to sort out Jay-Z from Diddy from Fast Ball from Smash Mouth from Big Fat Something featuring Ludacris and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. But I love music and I can wax nostalgic like the coot I am about past glories. Expect more of that in 2007.
  • I also enjoy chornicling the kids' athletic exploits in this space. Expect to see more of that in 2007.
  • Finally, I want to do more writing about the arts, literature and the like. Some of my favorite posts have been ones where I've tried to do something weird, like linking the death of Kirby Puckett to the poetry of William Butler Yeats. I still don't know why I did that, but it worked. Don't be surprised to see more ricochets of that sort in the coming year.

Thanks to all of you who read and comment on this blog. I'm glad to have the opportunity to write and appreciate your praise and brickbats.

No comments: