Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Just so you know


We'll be taking a brief trip out of town starting tomorrow and I probably won't be blogging until we return on Saturday. It's Spring Break here for the kids and they are going pretty stir-crazy, so we're going to get out of Dodge.


In the meantime, here are a few quick recommendations:


I'm based in New Brighton, perhaps the most non-descript suburb in the Twin Cities. Despite the seemingly placid facade around here, there's a lot of interesting things going on. And if you want to understand New Brighton, you really need to be reading my colleagues at Boots On. But don't think that they only concern themselves with New Brighton. This is a really fine group of writers and you should visit them regularly. Like Bill Cosby used to say on his old Saturday morning cartoon show, you might learn something.


One of the blogs on my blogroll is Dorky Dad, who is also based here in New Brighton and is one of the more consistently funny guys I know of on the internet. He's well worth your time, especially when he's doing things like this.


While I'm busy recommending people, I'd like to recommend another blog that is based in the place where we're going for our little getaway, lovely St. Cloud. Leo Pusateri is a smart, big-hearted guy who runs Psycmeister's Ice Palace, a consistently fascinating and often technically dazzling outpost on the Internet. I always admire Leo's good humor, wisdom and the fact that as a Chicagoan he understands the proper way to serve a hot dog. I assume that you're already reading SCSU Scholars. If you're not, you'd better get with it.


Back soon!

No comments: