Sunday, January 06, 2008

Crawling with lefties


Man, you start writing about politics and all of a sudden it's Old Home Week around here. I heard from my great old friend Anonymous Truck Driver today. ATD and I go back to college days and he is one of my favorite people in the world. He too is a Democrat, though. All of a sudden the joint is crawling with these people....


That seems to be how it goes; as my friend Strolling Amok has noted on his blog, he doesn't like Republicans, but his blog is chock full of Republican commentary. Anyway, since ATD is disappointed that he didn't get to vie for the job of house lefty before I made the appointment, I've decided to give him a chance to have the job, too. Thing is, having three house lefties means I have to change the titles around. That's okay though - even a hidebound conservative like me has to be willing to embrace change from time to time.
So we now have three house lefties here: Rich, Strolling Amok and the Anonymous Truck Driver. They will be henceforth be known collectively as the Nairobi Trio, in tribute to the old Ernie Kovacs skit. Since I fully expect to get hit with the rhetorical equivalent of tympani mallets throughout this blogging year, it seemed like an obvious choice.
By the way, Romney won the Wyoming caucus yesterday. Were you even aware that Wyoming had a caucus yesterday? Me neither until I read about it last night.

No comments: