Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Say hello to my little friend


Yep, the bullets are flying again:



  • I hear that Tubby Smith may be turning things around over at the U. Since the games are all being held hostage on the Big Ten Network, I cannot confirm this rumor.

  • Post New Hampshire thought of the day: needless to say, the punditocracy is all looking around at each other, trying to figure out the source of the smell. It's getting to be axiomatic - anyone who claims to know what is going to happen next is going to look foolish by the time the next event rolls around. But one thing everyone should know by now - the Clintons are not going away quietly.

  • Once again we are treated to another round of crowing from fans of the SEC following LSU's thumping of Ohio State the other night. It's not entirely clear that the Big Ten Conference is following the lead of one of its charter members (the University of Chicago) and de-emphasizing sports. At a minimum, one might argue that the schools have de-emphasized winning. Maybe next year. . . .

  • So Secretary of State Mark Ritchie was cleared of wrongdoing, but the findings indicate that he essentially misrepresented what he did. Silly me, I thought he was supposed to be a reformer.

  • A question for my fellow voters in District 50B - are you aware that Kate Knuth's father is a lobbyist? And do you know his primary client? Okay, that's two questions. See if you can guess. The answer is an interesting one.

  • As I write this, my daughter is showing me something on her Nintendo DS. And I have no idea what it is. She is very interested in it, though. What a drag it is getting old....

No comments: