Thursday, July 02, 2009

Housekeeping

Just a quick note -- I will be making some changes to the blog in the coming days. The sidebar badly needs updating and there are few cosmetic things I'd like to do.

The most important change is that I have turned off comment moderation. I've used it for about six months now and frankly I've only nuked one spam comment in the whole time. Most of my regular readers respect what we try to do here and don't post anything objectionable in the comments section. If I see problems arise, moderation may come back.

As always, I appreciate your support of this feature and always welcome any suggestions on ways I can make it better.

Best,
Mark

8 comments:

Gino said...

no more moderation?
woohoo!

luche libre time @ dilittante's place...

Mr. D said...

Luche libre time? Que verguenza!

kingdavid said...

Only one spam. On Wordpress, I don't have it set to moderation; but, my spam guard stops at least 2 or 3 a day, sometimes more, from going into the comments.

Gino said...

i think my last bot spam was over six months ago.
they are very rare for me.

Right Hook said...

All it takes is one or two trolls to ruin it for everyone.

There are a couple of people in our fair city who don't appreciate when the politicians they support are sarcastically roughed up a bit on our humble outlet and have to show how clever they can be with not so nice words and potentially libelous rants.

Maybe you're just too nice!

Mr. D said...

Maybe you're just too nice!

No, I don't think that's it. :)

Your point is correct, though. And my guess is that when we get into the next cycle here in New Brighton, which will be very soon, I may have to reinstate the moderation for the very reason you mention, RH. We'll see.

kingdavid said...

Trolls are a different story. I was referring to regular spam. I've been hit lately with all kinds of spam; no, I don't want to see Daniel Radcliffe nude, nor Kim Kardashian, nor Miley Cyrus; and I'm very happy with all body parts I was born with.

I'm pretty happy with Wordpress' spam protection; they do a good job of redirecting it for deletion.

night writer said...

Ha-ha-ha, total freedom! I would just like to take this opportunity to say....

Carp, I can't think of anything to say.

I'll be back.