Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Like a big Pisa pie

ISIS is controlling a lot of geography in the Middle East, but it seems a bit confused about geography elsewhere:
Hapless Islamic State militants have vowed online to take over Rome - and 'throw homosexuals off the leaning tower of pizza'.

In the message, posted by a Twitter account linked to the terror group, the ISIS supporter also threatens to bring sharia law to the Italian capital.
So where exactly is (ahem) Pisa?

That would be 222 miles away
I also suspect this scene wouldn't have played out so well in a burqa:


I don't suspect ISIS will be at the Trevi Fountain any time soon. I wouldn't dismiss them entirely, though.

3 comments:

Gino said...

you missed the point: its the 200 plus miles that impresses me. thats some strong jihadi doing the throwing.

Bike Bubba said...

Italy, eh? Well, the Army might not be up to the challenge, but it strikes me that "Our Thing" might be an interesting opponent for ISIS.

Mr. D said...

you missed the point

Maybe the point was that the news gave me a flimsy pretext to use the Anita Ekberg clip. ;)