Friday, July 29, 2016

Face the Face

I did watch Hillary Clinton's speech last night. This was the face she showed most often:

The happiest day of her life
It's all so grim, really. Even in her moment of triumph, the face is angry and the tone is hectoring:

I'm happy. I am so happy.
The purpose of the speech, as much as anything else, was to reintroduce Clinton to the nation. I don't know how you do that. She's been in the public eye for a quarter century. She was scowling back then, too:

Watch your ass, Tammy Wynette
She has an angry persona and she's never been able to hide it for long. We know who she is.

There's no real point in belaboring the laundry list of things she promised last night. She will never deliver any of it. It's the same sack o' free stuff the Dems always promise. College isn't going to be free and the rich aren't going to pay their fair share. If those things were really possible, Barack Obama would have forced them through while he had control of the entire apparatus of government in 2009-2010.

Then again, I don't blame her for scowling. When I look at Hillary Clinton, and I look at her opponent, I find myself scowling, too. It's a grim choice.

1 comment:

Bike Bubba said...

You're tougher than I in this regard. Of course, I don't even really watch speeches by politicians I agree with. Grew up watching Reagan, and got awfully spoiled.

Even FactCheck appears to be saying her speech was make believe, which...sadly...does not surprise me. How much we need to repeat; "you're entitled to your own opinion, but not your own set of facts."