Friday, October 27, 2017

JFK

I was born days after JFK was assassinated, so I have no memories of the event. I have been to the Sixth Floor Museum. While you can't get directly into the same window where Oswald was standing, you can get to the adjoining window. It's easy to see how he might have shot Kennedy from there. Oswald knew how to use a weapon. Ever since I visited the Sixth Floor, it's been clear to me that any conspiracy theories about other shooters don't really make any sense.

It's been nearly 54 years now since Oswald fired the shots that killed JFK. We've had ten presidents since then. There are still a few people around who might prefer that some of the more embarrassing details concerning the event and its aftermath remain hidden, but no one who had any real power then is still around. President Trump wants to release the remaining records, but he's still fighting through bureaucratic obstacles. I hope it ends soon. We can handle whatever uncomfortable information might come out.

1 comment:

Gino said...

i think they are trying to protect somebody. maybe the bush or kennedy clan?