Thursday, July 18, 2019

Update/Good News

Barring anything unforeseen, I have a new gig. Will start work on an 18-month assignment for a medical device company on 7/29. I expect to learn a lot.

The blogging may still be lighter than it used to be; my pattern in the past was to get up very early in the morning so that I could write something before I headed to work. At this point in my life, sleep deprivation is a very poor idea, so I'm not going back to that schedule. But I'll stay awake.

I am grateful for your support. A lot of people were praying for me and I appreciate those prayers and well-wishes. While this is an era of low unemployment, it's not easy to find a job at a senior level, so your prayers have lifted me throughout this period of transition.

5 comments:

John said...

Congratulations and good luck with the new gig. We will continue to pull for you and the family as you transition to this new "temp" position.

John said...

Congrats!

Unknown said...

Hoping this gig leads to bigger and better in the future.

Petercorp said...

Congratulations to you and the best of luck with your new, professional assignment.

3john2 said...

Congratulations! Is this medical device company a big local one that begins with an "M"? I know a couple folks there in the marketing communications area. One used to work for me, and another is the wife of a blogger we both know.