Oh, how will Jeter and his roided up buddies ever regain their credibility?
I know that a lot of Brewers fans are happy.
Yes. Yes we are.
Meanwhile, Fox has to be angry at the NFL for what was a horrible decision in regards to flexing the Packers and Bears out of the late window. The Packers-Bears game doesn't look so bad on paper now, and like a lot of Packers fans I will have to make alternate plans to watch a game that was worthy of staying in the late afternoon window. I hope that whomever made that call at either the NFL office or Fox gets a letter of reprimand. You should be ashamed of yourself for treating a high floor viewership game like that.
The NFL has no shame. They have The Shield, but no shame.
There shouldn't even be flex games until Week 10, but that is a subject for another day. At least here locally, a Sunday afternoon slate of Vikings-Saints followed by Denver at the Chargers and San Francisco-Seattle isn't serving the NFL and the local fans at all. And in Wisconsin, Packers-Bears going into Game 1 of the NLCS would have done incredible ratings and helped Fox get higher ratings nationally.
I assume they flexed it because Alex Rodriguez and Big Papi assured them the Padres were winning the series. They told me that until they no longer were able to do so.
But because the NFL was short sighted and hasty, they deserve low ratings and if I am Fox, I would be frustrated.
If the Packers ever truly go into the tank, their games will be on public access in Wisconsin Rapids.
And before you give me the usual excuse, the NFL was under no obligation to flex that game.
I am feeling the HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEE! and ready to pick some games. Watch me work.
Minnesota Golden Elite Rowers of the Boat (-2.5) vs. Purdue Spoilermakers The Gophers did a great job beating an overrated and overhyped Michigan team, and even didn't have to deal with Dave Portnoy being in town. Now, you might expect me to be salty about that because I certainly am no fan of the Gophers and I have been highly critical of Fleck. But here is the thing, the Gophers should be ranked. How they only got 11 points in the AP poll was a joke and a disgrace. Yeah, they lost badly at home to Clanga, but the thing is, the Gophers have been a very good team this year, and I have been pounding the pavement that this team has a chance to be better than the 2019 Empire Class team. Remember, the 2019 team has one flaw, which is that they lost the two games that the Gophers fans can't stand them losing, which was to Iowa and Wisconsin. Purdue is a terrible team this year, and the good news is that I think the Gophers aren't going to be Purdue Pete's blood sacrifice. Row Row Row Your Boat Elitely 50, Spoilermakers 10.
Pete is a scary dude:
The Boilermakers are a mess, though. Yeah, I agree. Goldy smash. Minnesota 35, Purdue 3
Minnesota Vikings (-2.5) vs. New Orleans Saints So in the interest of full disclosure, I was watching Jackson Chourio deliver an incredibly clutch and awesome walkoff, and didn't see the Vikings game last week. Frankly, the Vikings got a lot of yards, but once again failed to score an offensive touchdown and relied on Will Reichard and Brian Flores's blitzing addiction to get out of trouble. I personally am not sold on the Vikings this year, because they are relying on an elite defense and very good special teams to win games. Even allowing for the offensive injuries, the Vikings offense is too talented at the skill positions to go 18 straight possessions without a touchdown. In fact, isn't KOC supposed to be an offensive genius? Honestly, the Vikings have had one good quarter of offensive football in 4 games, and that needs to change. The Saints aren't super great defensively, and I expect Aaron Jones to feast on the ground. Thankfully, this isn't going to be a Vikings letdown game. Vikings 10, Saints 7.
The Saints aren't awful, but they aren't good. Kyler needs to get better in a hurry. If Justin Jefferson goes, they should be okay. Otherwise, Will Reichard will continue his SuperToe imitation. Vikings 18, Saints 14.
Bear Down Chicago Da Bearz Still Suck (-1.5) vs. Glorious Green Bay Packers Well, we got the very sad news that Mike Ditka passed away.
He was an outstanding player and coach for the Bears, and was a noble and worthy opponent who is an iconic figure in the rivalry. So the Packers won in Tampa, but having Edgerrin Cooper tear his Achilles was a bad thing. Obviously, this game is also a revenge thing for the Packers after what happened in January, but isn't the real chance for revenge given that this isn't in Chicago and that Caleb isn't playing. I also wasn't happy with how sloppy the offense was in the fourth quarter against Tampa. Kaleb Johnson can't fumble inside the red zone, and I thought that Jordan's pick was sloppy. Thankfully, the defense bailed them out in the end. With the Packers having a compromised offensive line and basically no running back depth, this is a tough one. Thankfully, a win here would really start the rebuild. Packers 38, Bears Still Suck 17.
Lotsa injuries on both sides. No Caleb and no Kyle Monangai, so the Bears come in short-handed. This could be a sneaky high-scoring game, but it's equally likely to be a Westminster Kennel Club of a game, which also might be why the NFL moved it. Packers 24, Bears 17.
Enjoy your football, and hopefully the Brewers can win against the Dodgers. Ben out.


No comments:
Post a Comment