Sunday, September 28, 2008

CC Rider


Brewers 3, Cubs 1. The big man does it again. Best. Midseason. Acquisition. Ever. And the Brewers are in the playoffs for the first time since 1982. The Phillies will be tough to beat, but they should have a puncher's chance. And the way CC Sabathia is going, he might be ready to pitch Game 2.


Meanwhile, the Twins finally righted the ship and whipped up on the Royals 6-0. The Whities won, too, so now we become Tigers fans for a day. If the Tigers can't do it, the Whities get their shot at revenge on Tuesday in Chicago. I'm an Occam's Razor type of guy, so let's go, Motor City Kitties!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baseball in October in M-I-L-W-A-U-K-E-E ... 26 years is finally over. What a day, what a game, what a year ... they FINALLY did it!!!

Dan S. said...

Congrats, Mark. Here's hoping for lots of good trash talking to come in the NLCS!

Anonymous said...

Mark,
Congrats on Milwaukee. It's hard to believe that the last time the Brew Crew saw October, we were busy getting stupid on the 3rd floor of our dorm.

Great game for the Sox last night. I think Ramirez is now a lock for Rookie of the Year. I ran down to Comiskey last night and picked up 4 tix to tonights game, so I will be sitting in almost the exact same spot we watched the game from last month. Looking forward to it. Wish me luck!

Regards,
Rich

Mr. D said...

Can't wish you luck, Rich, since I'm rooting for the TC Men, but should your South Siders prevail, I'll be rooting for them thereafter. I do have a long-standing soft spot in my heart for the Sox, which is a rare admission for a Minnesotan.