Wednesday, October 29, 2008

What was on television tonight?


I guess The One took over the airwaves tonight for a half hour. I missed the broadcast for an excellent reason -- I was at church doing my weekly duties as a Faith Formation teacher. With All Saint's Day nigh, we spent the night discussing why the lives of saints are worth studying.


I don't know about you, but my suspicion is that there is far greater value in learning about St. Francis, or St. Joan of Arc, or St. Thomas Aquinas, or St. Peter Claver, than spending a half hour listening to a messianic politician.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mark,
there was a very funny 'article' in the Onion this week entitled "Obama Buys Ad Space On Side of McCain Campaign Bus".
I thought it apropos to mention that here. You gotta love The Onion.
Rich

Mr. D said...

It is. I'll have to put a link up to another Onion piece that I saw, talking about how Obama is doing a Presidential internship program in Spain right now. He's going to get a letter of recommendation from the minister of agriculture over there, according to the Onion.

So he's got that goin' for him.