Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Guitar Girl


It's starting to get a little noisier around here. My daughter has wanted to be a rock star and an artist for some time now (the order changes periodically) and has wanted an electric guitar and has made her wishes known in no uncertain terms. Well, her godfather (my brother) came through for her this Christmas and got her a guitar that looks pretty much like the one in the picture. We have now gone to Guitar Center and bought the 15 Watt amp, pink and black check guitar strap, tuner and other accoutrements. They all work well enough and Maria has figured out how to make some really cool noises. Now there's the matter of actually learning how to play.


I'm not sure if we'll end up with a budding Bonnie Raitt or Chrissie Hynde, or if eventually she'll tire of it and we'll have a doorstop. But I'm glad she's interested in learning. When I was her age, I was learning how to play the piano and had gotten to the point where I could play a simplified version of Liszt's Hungarian Rhapsody #2, although not quite like this guy. But I wanted to play baseball instead and eventually I let it slide. The greatest regret of my life, bar none.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I'm not sure if we'll end up with a budding Bonnie Raitt or Chrissie Hynde..."

How about another Marilyn Manson? I hear she makes a lot of money.

Mr. D said...

Nah, I checked on that, NW. Maria would rather be Alice Cooper.

Mike said...

Have you gotten her any lesson books? If not, let me know...I may have to hook her up.