Friday, June 15, 2012

Home Truth

Mitch Berg rings the bell:

[I] personally support legalizing pot.  Making this cheap commodity the focus of a federal prohibition has contributed to untold deaths and incredible misery in America’s inner cities. Decriminalizing pot would at least remove some of the expense and dislocation that our failed “war on drugs” has caused.

But with all that out of the way?  Stoners annoy me.  There is nothing in the world more annoying that numbed, hemp-reeking munchy-grubbing cackling drone of the Chiba Monkey set.   I’ll sit in a chair and listen to Shakira’s fingernails on a chalkboard all weekend before I listen to stoners babbling in Shaggy-Doo cant without forcing bongs down peoples’ throats.




6 comments:

CousinDan 54915 said...

I liked his post, although I do listen to Dave Matthews. Does that make me a choom?

Brian said...

stoners:recreational pot smokers::drunks:social drinkers.

Problem users are always giving responsible adults a bad name.

Gino said...

i smoked from the time i was 15, and pretty regular.
yet... i rarely smoked in company. i may have liked being stoned..., but i did not like the company of others who were also stoned.

Mr. D said...

Dan,

You are many things, but choom is not one of them.

Problem users are always giving responsible adults a bad name.

Always, always, always.

Someday I'll have to blog about my experiences, Gino. Some were good, some were very, very bad.

Gino said...

"Someday I'll have to blog about my experiences, Gino. Some were good, some were very, very bad."

yeah dude, that would be like so cool.

Mr. D said...

yeah dude, that would be like so cool.

LOL