Thursday, December 03, 2015

Benster and D Pick Your Games-----NFL Network Mandated Emergency Edition

I know what you are thinking.

I doubt that, Seabiscuit. But go on.

Why would we be here discussing a game on a weekday? Well, the NFL decided that the Packers and Lions have to do Thursday duty again. Is nothing sacred in this world?

I can think of a few shrines and holy sites, but we're talking about Mammon in this case.

That too, and the schedule requires that I bring some HYYYYYPPPPPEEE! early. We can pick more games on the normal schedule. So it's a double dose of my brilliance this week. Yay, readers! Now watch me work!

Glorious Green Bay Packers (-3) vs. Detroit Lions. You could argue that this game is crucial for the Packers. They managed to post an unsightly 1-4 record in November, and they need to find a way to respond to adversity. They did not play well a few weeks ago against Detroit, and Detroit has started to figure things out, so this game is going to be a difficult one. One bright spot is that the Packers have had chances to win every game during this swoon, with the exception of the Denver game. I expect that this Packer team will right the ship, and will remind everyone that the Packers still have it. Packers 38, LOLions 17.

I think you're correct -- if they lose this game, the season could slip away quickly. Can they right the ship? I'm not positive. This pick is made with my heart more than my head, but so it goes. Packers 24, Lions 17.

We'll return on the weekend for more brilliance. Ben out!


2 comments:

Gino said...

Lions 23 Packers 18.

i think the Lions will take you again, but not by much.

Mr. D said...

You called the score for the Lions, Gino. Give you credit for that.