Monday, October 12, 2009

Lightning Round - 101209

Not much time, but here we go:

  • I wrote about the latest foul offering from the increasingly odious Garrison Keillor yesterday over at G. O. M. I worked for a number of years in foodservice during my Target years, so I have some knowledge of the subject. Keillor's assertions about how meat is processed, his casual libel of Cargill, McDonald's and Burger King, and his incredible statement about how the industry is somehow back to the 19th Century (not that he'd say how, of course) is really reprehensible. It's pretty sad, really.
  • The New York Yankees are really good.
  • President Obama told a largely gay audience over the weekend that he's going to get rid of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" and the Defense of Marriage Act. He could get rid of Don't Ask, Don't Tell today if he chose to. Will he? I'm not sure he'll be able to get rid of DOMA, though. Let's see if he actually will do these things. I would remind anyone who is interested in the subject of what Jim Geraghty has often said: all Barack Obama promises come with expiration dates.

No comments: