Wednesday, July 02, 2014

It's getting interesting on the border

I haven't written much about the border issues, but things are getting interesting. People are starting to get angry with the gubmint:
Buses carrying migrant families were rerouted to a U.S.-Mexican border station after being blocked by protesters waving American flags in a suburban Southern California city Tuesday.

Protesters, some yelling, "They're not born here!" and "Go back to Mexico!" stood in the street, blocking the buses as they were headed to the suburban border patrol station in Murrieta.
I probably should rephrase that -- I'm guessing that people have been angry with the gubmint all along, but this sort of direct action is pretty rare.  I'm also guessing that we may see more confrontations in the coming days.

2 comments:

Gino said...

This was just a few miles down the road from me, a block or two from the bar i watch football at. We been pissed about it for a long time...

Mr. D said...

Gino,

I thought you lived near there.