Saturday, July 12, 2008

Exhuming an Old Meme


I've been playing with my computer and trying to get my music files organized. I have a lot of music and I'm finally going to be joining the 21st Century one of these days and getting an iPod or some other MP3 player. For now, I can shuffle music using the existing media player on my computer. And that reminds me of an old meme:


What are the next five songs on your shuffle?


So let's play. Here are mine:


"Biko," Peter Gabriel

"Let's Go Get Stoned," Ray Charles

"Sunday Morning Coming Down," Johnny Cash

"Dazed and Confused," Led Zeppelin

"Dear Doctor," the Rolling Stones


Sure the heck seems like a theme, huh? Maybe I should go get a beer....


So let's throw the meme out to the vast North American Mr. Dilettante reading audience - what are the next five songs on your shuffle?






5 comments:

Gino said...

i have no ipod.
i have no music on my pc.
therefore,i have no 'shuffle.'

i'm a caveman, remember? :)

Leo Pusateri said...

I don't have an Ipod, but I have a Palm Treo with a music collection..

Among 200 songs, the next five on the list are...

-You're No Good-Linda Rondstat

-Taxi- Harry Chapin

-The Sky is Crying - Stevie Ray Vaughn

-The Rain - Oran "Juice" Jones

-You are the Woman - Firefall

Strolling Amok said...

My IPod - where the 80s never ended:

Waiting for the bus - the Violent Femmes

I shot the sheriff - Bob Marley

She's tight - Cheap Trick

Silver Rocket - Sonic Youth

Words - Missing Persons

Mike said...

Here's mine...ought to be interesting:

No Myth - Michael Penn
Drops of Jupiter - Train
No More Tears - Ozzy Osbourne (time/place song)
Allison Road - Gin Blossoms (saw them at the Basilica Block Party tonight)
Someone to Love - Mint Condition

Gino said...

ok, i think i can play, kinda...

got 5 discs on my stereo (that i play every day):
dion,the best of
social distortion, lost tracks vol 2
kasabians, empire
salvation army,happen happened

(you may need to look up the last two bands up on myspace)