Happiness is a warm gun. Must be time for bullets!
- Finally, someone turned the lights on over in the rump Republican caucus in the House. The godawful stimulus bill passed today without a single Republican vote in favor. If the Senate votes along similar lines, the Democrats will own this monstrosity. If only the Republicans had the wit to vote this way during the Bush years....
- Over at Gino's new blog, a cautionary tale. Oh, those Russians.
- It sure seems that Rush Limbaugh is suddenly relevant again. Obama name-checked him over the weekend and now the great herd of independent media is demanding to know why random Republican congressmen aren't denouncing Limbaugh. If I didn't know better, I'd suspect that maybe some folks at MSNBC are really in the tank for Obama.
- Meanwhile, Obama has said he wants to start talking to Iran. As always, Mahmoud Ahmedinejad has offered a few ground rules. "Meet people, talk to them with respect and put an end to the expansionist policies. If you talk about change it must put an end to the US military presence in the world, withdraw your troops and take them back inside your borders," Ahmedinejad helpfully suggests. Okay, we'll get right on that.
- On a personal note, I really like my new car. Really, really like it. The Intrepid is a fun car to drive, but you sit so low it's like being in a submarine. This Santa Fe puts you up nice and high, but it's not a struggle to climb up into the seat at all. My nasty commute will be a lot more pleasant in this ride.